I felt like I couldn't take notes fast enough in class this week! I feel like I learned so many things, and some were ideas that I never would have realized on my own.
In talking about parenting styles, I got a new perspective. There were many things that we were encouraged not to do that I hadn't realized were that bad. I'd seen so many parents do those things to their children-like lecturing, or not really taking the time to listen-and I don't think I fully understood the affect it can have on the way the children view their parents.
It can seem so complicated! There were so many things that we should do, and even more things we shouldn't do when parenting. At first it seems overwhelming (and I know it will be at times) but I think the most important thing to remember is to loving when disciplining. Children will need to be disciplined, but if you let love guide you, it will be an effective method of disciplining. When you let love lead, it's hard to go wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment