The topics we discussed this week have made me stop and think. The topic of gender differences, and gender itself, is so controversial now. It seems no matter what your belief, somebody disagrees with you. I'm realizing more and more how important it is to be informed, so that when someone has questions about my belief I can explain why I believe what I do.
I believe that gender differences are important. Where would the world be if we all had the same characteristics and tendencies? I think that men and women are different so that they can help each other become better. Alone, we don't learn anything. But together, I think men and women help each other smooth out some rough edges and sharp corners.
We also discussed the topic of gender in my Family Foundations class this week. Something I learned that really stuck out to me is that alone, a man and a woman are incomplete. But together, a man and woman complement and perfect each. We cannot live up to our full potential alone. We need someone to help us get there.
No comments:
Post a Comment