Saturday, October 22, 2011

What is Love?

It was so interesting to hear all the different kinds of love. I hadn't ever stopped to think about each of these aspects, but it was an eye opening experience. I think people often neglect certain aspects of love, which will definitely harm relationships.

One thing I thought about was how much the media feeds into this idea of romantic love. These are the whirlwind romances that sweep you off your feet and give you a happily ever after. As exciting as that sounds, I think focusing only on romantic love will leave one disappointed. If you only build a relationship on romantic love, it won't last long. Love needs to have strong foundations in friendship and service and caring if it's going to last.

To me, love is caring about someone so much that you're willing to sacrifice for them. I also liked another definition given in class-the willingness to extend oneself for the growth of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment